The Wyze Lock Bolt does not unlock with your fingerprint or will not scan during fingerprint setup.
- Make sure that your Wyze app is up to date.
- Go to the Account tab > tap About.
- The app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- You can compare your app version to the most up-to-date version listed on our Release Notes and Firmware Page.
- If your Wyze Lock Bolt is already set up, check that the firmware is up to date.
- You can check this by going to the Account tab > Firmware update.
- If there is an update available for the lock, please move forward with updating it.
- Make sure you do not have any excess oil, water, or debris on your fingerprint.
- Make sure there is no debris on the fingerprint sensor.
- Gently wipe the fingerprint sensor off with a cloth.
- If your hands are dry, try moisturizing your hand first or using a different finger.
- If you have small fingers, we recommend using your thumb or largest fingerprint when scanning your fingerprint during the fingerprint setup.
- We recommend creating multiple fingerprints for one finger to increase accuracy.
- Make sure your device is paired to Bluetooth and that you are lifting your finger for each scan.
- Power cycle your Wyze Lock Bolt.
- Take off the battery cover, then take out one battery and put it back in. You should hear a beep indicating the lock bolt is powered on again.
- Warning: If you press the pairing button, and during the pairing period you take out the battery, the lock bolt will delete everything stored in the device (all the users and settings). Don’t try pairing and power cycling at the same time. Wait for re-pairing to finish first.
- Factory reset the Wyze Lock Bolt.
- Enter the Bluetooth connection range (16 feet or less) and enter the Wyze app.
- Go to Wyze Lock Bolt’s device page > Settings > Delete device.
- Wait until you hear the beeps confirming the Wyze Lock Bolt has been deleted.
- Set up the device like new.