You are unable to install Wyze Garage Door Controller to your garage door opener.
- Use our Compatibility Checker to make sure your garage door opener is compatible.
- If you cannot locate the wall button terminals on your existing garage door opener, check:
- The back of the garage door opener.
- Under the garage door opener’s light shade.
- Near the Learn button.
- If you’re still unable to locate the terminals, check the user manual for your garage door opener or the manufacturer’s website.
- Make sure you’re using the power adapter, power cord, and splitter cable that came with your Wyze Garage Door Controller Bundle.
- Note: The power adapter in the bundle is rated 5V 2A. The power adapter with the original Wyze Cam v3 is rated 5V 1A which is not recommended. You can check the power rating on the label of the adapter or cable.
- The pre-stripped Wyze Garage Door Controller wires should connect to the wall button terminals of the existing garage door opener. It does not matter which terminal the red or black wires are connected to but there should only be 1 wire per terminal.
- If the two pre-stripped wires from the controller are too short, use a wire stripper to strip the wires to the desired length.
- Note: If you currently have an existing wall button connected, each terminal will have wires from the existing wall button and Wyze Garage Door Controller.
- Confirm Wyze Garage Door Controller and its Wyze Cam v3 are powered on.
- The LED light on the controller should flash once (only once) after powering on.
If you want to move the mounting location of your camera or controller and you are unable to remove or reuse the mounting tape, you can use any 3M tape or other mounting tape available.