You are unable to set up your Wyze Garage Door Controller. The setup process fails in the app.
- Use our Compatibility Checker to make sure your garage door opener is compatible.
- Confirm the Wyze app is up to date.
- Go to the Account tab and tap About.
- The app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- You can compare your app version to the most up-to-date version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- Make sure you have followed all the steps on the Wyze Cam v3 Setup Guide.
- Confirm Wyze Garage Door Controller and your Wyze Cam v3 are powered on.
- The LED light on the controller should flash once (only once) after powering on.
- Check all wiring to make sure it is secure, including the wire connecting Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Garage Door Controller.
- Make sure your garage door opener is functioning properly by testing the existing wall button or remote.
- If your garage door opener is not opening or closing, make sure the door safety sensors on each corner of the garage door are not blocked by any obstacles.
- Make sure you’re using the power adapter, power cord, and splitter cable that came with Wyze Garage Door Controller Bundle.
- Note: The power adapter included with the bundle is rated 5V 2A. The power adapter with the original Wyze Cam v3 is rated 5V 1A which is not recommended. You can check the power rating on the label of the adapter or cable.
- The pre-stripped Wyze Garage Door Controller wires should connect to the wall button terminals of the existing garage door opener. It does not matter which terminal the red or black wires are connected to but there should only be 1 wire per terminal.
- If the two pre-stripped wires from the controller are too short, use a wire stripper to strip the wires to the desired length.
- Note: If you currently have an existing wall button connected, each terminal will have wires from the existing wall button and Wyze Garage Door Controller.
- Power cycle your Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Garage Door Controller by unplugging both from their power source and plugging them back in.
- Factory reset your Wyze Cam v3 and set up both devices like new.
- If there is a microSD card inserted, remove it.
- With the camera plugged into power, press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the camera for 10 seconds. This will reset the camera.
- Wait at least 30 seconds for the camera to initialize.
- This process can take up to 5 minutes. It's rare, but it's possible.
- The LED status light on the device will change from Solid Red to Flashing Red.
- Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Garage Door Controller are ready to be set up again.