Wyze Garage Door Controller is not responding or is unable to be controlled via the Wyze app.
- Use our Compatibility Checker to make sure your garage door opener is compatible.
- Confirm the Wyze app is up to date.
- Go to the Account tab and tap About.
- The app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- You can compare your app version to the most up-to-date version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- Check that the firmware is up to date for both your Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Garage Door Controller.
- You can check this by going to Account > Firmware update.
- If there is an update available for your camera and/or garage door controller, please move forward with the update.
- Confirm your Wyze Garage Door Controller and Wyze Cam v3 are powered on.
- The LED light on the controller should flash once (only once) after powering on.
- Make sure you are using the power adapter, power cord, and splitter cable that came with Wyze Garage Door Controller Bundle.
- The power adapter included with the bundle is rated 5V 2A. The power adapter with the original Wyze Cam v3 is rated 5V 1A, which is not recommended. You can check the power rating on the label of the adapter or cable.
- Note: Check that the cables are fully inserted and secure. They should resist a light tug.
- Make sure your garage door opener is functioning properly by testing the existing wall button or remote.
- If your garage door opener is not opening or closing, make sure the door safety sensors on each corner of the garage door are not blocked by any obstacles.
- Make sure the pre-stripped Wyze Garage Door Controller wires are securely connected to the garage door opener.
- Check the Wi-Fi signal strength at the camera’s location by going to the Wyze Cam v3 > Settings > Device Info > Signal Strength.
- Sign out of the Wyze app and then force close it. Wait 10 seconds, reopen the app and log back in.
- Power cycle your Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Garage Door Controller by unplugging both from their power source and plugging them back in.
- Factory reset your Wyze Cam v3 and set up both devices like new.
- If there is a microSD card inserted, remove it.
- With Wyze Cam v3 plugged into power, press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the camera for 10 seconds. This will reset the camera.
- Wait at least 30 seconds for the unit to initialize.
- This process can take up to 5 minutes. It's rare, but it's possible.
- The LED status light on the device will change from Solid Red to Flashing Red.
- Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Garage Door Controller are now ready to be set up again.