When your Wyze Cam v3 detects an event, instead of getting an Event Video you get a thumbnail image.
If you have Cam Plus or Cam Protect:
Your camera was automatically assigned a Cam Plus Lite license after your Cam Plus trial expired. You simply need to change the recording type from Image to Video.
In the Wyze app, tap on your camera, then Settings> Event Recording > Recording Type > Video. After switching, you'll start receiving videos instead of images.
If you do not have Cam Plus or Cam Protect:
Your camera was put on the Basic Plan after your Cam Plus trial expired. To get video recordings, you must sign up for Cam Plus Lite (or higher) and update your settings.
- Go to Wyze Services in a web browser.
- Click the profile icon on the top right, then Sign in to sign into your account.
- Once signed in, click Catalog, and scroll down to the Cam Plus Lite card.
- Click Subscribe.
- Select your monthly contribution. We suggest $2.48 per camera, which helps us cover the cost.
- You can set your contribution to $0 if you want the service for free. Click Custom Amount and enter it there. When prompted, click No.
- Click Next.
- Check the box to agree to the Wyze Terms of Service, then click Pay Now or Subscribe for free.
- You're all set! All you have to do now is assign Cam Plus Lite to your camera.