Alexa cannot discover or connect to my Wyze Cam v3.
Here are some steps to try if your Amazon device is having trouble discovering the camera:
- Ensure that your camera is a Wyze Cam v3 or v2, or a Pan v1 or v2. The original Wyze Cam v1 is not compatible with Amazon Alexa.
- Ensure that the Amazon device is compatible with the camera. It must be an: Echo Show, Echo Spot, Fire Tablets and Fire TV. It’s compatible with all generations of Fire TV, all Fire TV Edition Smart TVs and Fire Tablets Gen 7 and above.
- Ensure that your camera is updated to the latest firmware version.
Ensure your Alexa devices’ firmware is also up to
- Ensure that you authorized the correct Wyze account to your Amazon Alexa account.
- Disable and re-enable the Wyze skill.
- Ensure that the camera is connected to WiFi by checking if you can load a live stream view of the camera in your Wyze app. If you are unable to view a live stream view of the camera in your Wyze app, see Connectivity troubleshooting here.
- For additional troubleshooting, click here to refer to Amazon Alexa support.
Camera isn’t responding to Alexa voice commands
Here are some steps to try if you’re having trouble connecting your camera:
- Ensure that you are clearly calling the camera by its correct name, as indicated in the Alexa app.
- Ensure that the camera is connected to WiFi by checking if you can turn on/off the camera in your Wyze app.
- If you can turn the camera on/ off but are not able to view a live stream view of the camera in your Wyze app see Connectivity troubleshooting here.
- If you have changed your Wyze account password, try re-enabling the Wyze skill in the Alexa app.
- Ensure that the camera is turned on. The camera needs to be turned on before giving a voice command to Alexa. To turn on the camera, open the Wyze app, click into the camera’s live stream, and tap the More icon to turn on.
- Ensure that your camera is connected to an Amazon device. You can check to see if your camera is connected to your Smart Home tab in the Alexa app or alexa.amazon.com. If not, please follow the set-up instructions above.
- For additional troubleshooting, see Alexa Quick Fixes or Alexa Help.
If you are having issues setting up a new Amazon Alexa device, please refer to Amazon Support.