Wyze Cam v3 shows up in your Wyze app device list, but Wyze Garage Door Controller does not.
- Check that your garage door opener is compatible with Wyze Garage Door Controller using our online compatibility checker here.
- Confirm the Wyze app is up to date.
- Go to the Account tab and tap About.
- The app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- You can compare your app version to the most up-to-date version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- If possible, check that the firmware is up to date for both your Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Garage Door Controller.
- You can check this by going to Account > Firmware Update.
- If there is an update available for your camera and/or garage door controller, please move forward with the update.
- Confirm Wyze Garage Door Controller and Wyze Cam v3 are powered on.
- The LED light on the controller should flash once (only once) after powering on.
- Make sure you’re using the power adapter, power cord, and splitter cable that came with the Wyze Garage Door Controller Bundle.
- Check that the cables are fully inserted and secure. They should resist a light tug.
- Note: The power adapter included with the bundle for Wyze Cam v3 is rated 5V 2A. The power adapter with the original Wyze Cam v3 is rated 5V 1A which is not recommended. You can check the power rating on the label.
- Make sure the garage door opener is functioning properly by testing the existing wall button or remote.
- If not opening/closing, make sure the door safety sensors on each corner of the garage door are not blocked by any obstacles.
- Confirm both Wyze Garage Door Controller and Wyze Cam v3 are powered on.
- The LED light on the controller should flash once (only once) after powering on. If the LED light on the garage door controller does not flash once after powering on, try using another USB cable to test if it flashes once after powering on.
- Make sure the pre-stripped Wyze Garage Door Controller wires are securely connected to the wall button terminals on the garage door opener.
- Power cycle both Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Garage Door Controller by unplugging both the Wyze Garage Door Controller and Wyze Cam v3 from the cable splitter and plugging them back in.
- If the button is still not showing in the app, try repeating this step multiple times