Before you begin setup:
Download the Wyze app on your smartphone or tablet.
Connect your device to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network.
Unpack your Wyze Cam Pan v3 box, removing all plastic and packing materials.
- Be sure to remove the plastic film from the lens.
Plug the camera into power using the included USB cable and power adapter.
The camera’s status light will turn solid red when powered. When flashing, it’s ready for setup.
To set up your Wyze Cam Pan v3:
- In the Wyze app, tap Home, then tap + plus sign on the top left.
- Tap Add Device.
- Tap Cameras > Wyze Cam Pan v3.
- With your camera plugged into an outlet, tap Next in the app.
- Select your 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network and enter your network password. Tap Next.
- Tap the icon in the password field to display the password to ensure it was entered correctly.
- Behind the camera lens, single-press the SETUP button. It will say “ready to connect”.
- In the app, check the box next to I heard, “Ready to connect”.
- Tap Next.
- Scan the QR code on the Wyze app.
- Hold your camera up to your phone screen with the QR code displaying. It will say “QR code scanned, please wait” then “setup completed”.
- In the app, check the box next to I heard, “QR code scanned”.
- After the camera is set up and connected, it will say "setup completed".
- Tap Next. You’re set up, it’s time to name your device.
- Name your Wyze Cam Pan v3 using the text field, or by choosing a suggestion.
- Tap Finish when done.
- You may have a prompt to a free trial of Cam Plus. Tap Continue.
- On the Things to Try page, select Create or edit a device group to organize your Wyze devices into new or existing groups, or select Share this device to give family and friends access to your new Wyze device.
- Tap Skip to do this later.
- Enjoy your new Wyze device!
- Wyze Cam Pan v3 only works on 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks. If you are connected to a 5 GHz network, switch to a 2.4 GHz network before setting up your device.
- Having trouble scanning your QR code? A few tips to help:
- Hold your camera 6-10 inches away from your phone screen.
- Slowly move the QR code on the screen away from the camera, then closer.
- Tilt your phone screen slightly in case there's a glare.
- Turn your phone upside down.
- If you're on iOS, turn off "Invert Colors".
- Make sure the QR code isn't distorted.
- If you have an older device, the screen may be too small. Try a different device.
- If your screen is cracked or scratched, the code may be distorted. Try a different device.
- If you're using a beta version of the Wyze app, make sure the cursor is not on the QR code.