Before you begin setup:
Download the Wyze app on your smartphone or tablet.
Connect your device to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network.
Unpack your Wyze Cam OG and/or Telephoto 3x box, removing all plastic and packing materials.
- Be sure to remove the plastic film from the lens.
Plug each camera you want to set up into power using the included USB cable and power adapter.
The camera’s status light will turn solid red when powered. When flashing, it’s ready for setup.
To set up your Wyze Cam OG:
- In the Wyze app, tap Home, then tap + plus sign on the top left.
Tap Add Device.
Tap Cameras > Wyze Cam OG.
- Choose this device for both the standard OG cam and the Telephoto 3x.
With your camera plugged into an outlet, tap Next in the app.
- Behind the camera lens, single-press the SETUP button. It will say “Ready to connect”
- The camera may say Ready to connect without pressing the SETUP button. If so, continue.
In the app, check the box next to “I heard, “Ready to connect”."
- Tap Begin Setup.
- If BluetoothⓇ hasn’t already been enabled, you’ll be prompted to allow BluetoothⓇ access. Tap OK.
- If BluetoothⓇ has already been enabled, it will skip to the next step.
Select your 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network and enter your network password. Tap Next.
Tap the icon in the password field to display the password to ensure it was entered correctly.
- After the camera is set up and connected, it will say"Setup completed."
- Tap Next. You’re set up, it’s time to name your device.
- Name your Wyze Cam OG using the text field, or by choosing a suggestion.
- Tap Finish when done.
- Lastly, you have to option to Add Another Wyze Cam OG* if needed. If not, tap All Wyze Cam OG Are Set Up.
- You may have a prompt for a free trial of Cam Plus. Tap Continue.
- If you want to share your device, tap Share Device.
- If not, tap Maybe later.
Wyze devices only work on 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks. If you are connected to a 5 GHz network, switch to a 2.4 GHz network before setting up your device.