The QR code calibration fails during garage door controller setup.
- Use our Compatibility Checker to make sure your garage door opener is compatible.
- Make sure your garage door opener is functioning properly by testing the existing wall button or remote.
- If your garage door opener is not opening or closing, make sure the door safety sensors on each corner of the garage door are not blocked by any obstacles.
- Confirm in which step the calibration process failed.
- If the app does not jump to the next page after pressing “Next” and continues to show “Calibrating”, then continue to Step 4.
- If it is the step in which the app asks you press the garage door controller button but the garage door never responds, then try the troubleshooting steps in I can't control my Wyze Garage Door Controller from the Wyze app.
- If it is the step in which when the app asks the user to press the garage door controller button and their garage door opens but automatically closes, then refer to My garage door is automatically opening after I close it or vice versa.
- Confirm you are scanning the correct QR code.
- The QR code is the (210mm x 210mm) sticker that came with Wyze Garage Door Controller.
- Check the QR code sticker is secured firmly and completely flat against the garage door.
- Make sure the distance between the QR code and Wyze Cam v3 is between 3-15 feet.
- View the camera’s Live stream to check that it has a clear, unobstructed view of the QR code placement.
- The QR code should be within the dotted box on the Live stream during the installation/calibration process.
- Make sure there are no highly reflective materials, direct sunlight, or backlighting on or near the QR code sticker. Do not place the sticker on or near windows to avoid interference.
- Toggle Night Vision to Auto in case the filter is stuck.
- Make sure there is nothing on the lens of the camera.
- Remove the plastic film/cover.
- Remove any dust by wiping the lens with a soft, dry cloth.
- Walk through the calibration process from the beginning in the Wyze app. Go to Wyze Cam v3 > Settings > Accessories > Wyze Garage Door Controller > QR Code Detection.