While setting up your camera, your camera does not scan the QR code displayed on your phone. It does not say "QR code scanned."
If you are using a mobile device with a screen larger than 5.5 inches across, the screen and the camera may need to be held farther apart.
Also, if you have an iOS device, temporarily toggle off "smart invert" or "classic invert" while you are scanning the QR code. This will help ensure the QR code can be scanned properly during setup.
- Remove the protective film from the camera's lens if it has one.
- Confirm that nothing is obstructing the QR code on the screen (cracked screen or dirt).
- Make sure that the QR code is displayed in full. Scroll up on your mobile device if necessary.
- Make sure there is no glare on the screen while you are attempting to scan the QR code.
- Gently clean the lens of the camera using a microfiber or soft cloth.
- Hold your phone's screen steady in front of your Wyze Cam, and move or adjust the distance slowly. Hold still at the new distance for 5 seconds to give your Wyze Cam time to focus at the new distance.
- Try holding the QR code upside down for the Wyze Cam to scan.
- If the QR code has still not scanned, try a factory reset on the camera.
- Wyze Cam v1: Hold the setup key for 20 seconds while powered on to reset the camera. Wait until the yellow light flashes, then begin the setup process.
- Wyze Cam v2 or a Wyze Cam Pan v1: Hold the setup button for 10 seconds while powered on to reset the camera. Wait until the yellow light flashes, then begin the setup process.
- Wyze Cam v3, v3 Pro or a Wyze Cam Pan v2: Hold the setup button for 10 seconds while powered on to reset the camera. Wait until the red/blue light flashes, then begin the setup process.
- The QR code will display on your phone during the set up process. It is not located on the camera or the box.
- QR codes are only valid for 5 minutes after being generated. If the code is not scanned in that time frame a new QR code must be generated.
- If you have a cracked screen or something that is preventing a successful scan, try using another Android or iOS device to perform the setup. If you don't have another device you can take a screenshot of the code and send it to a computer, keeping in mind the 5-minute life span of the QR code.
- If none of the above works, please send us a screenshot of the QR code you are trying to scan. If you are unfamiliar with how to take a screenshot from your smartphone, visit this article.