Your Wyze Cam OG status light shows as solid red. This troubleshooting applies to both Wyze Cam OG and Telephoto 3x.
Note: A solid red light on the camera means that the camera is powered on and initializing the firmware, recording an event, or you are watching the live stream. If the status light is showing red any other time, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
- Make sure you’re using the USB cable and adapter that came with the camera.
- If you’re using the original USB cable and adapter, please try another USB cable and adapter if you have one.
- Power cycle the camera by unplugging it from its power source for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in.
- Plug the camera into a different power outlet.
- Factory reset the camera and then set it up as new.
- Remove any microSD card inserted in the camera.
- With the camera plugged into power, rotate the lens of the camera so it is facing up and single-press SETUP for 10 seconds until the status light on the front of the camera lens turns solid red.
- Once the status light starts flashing red, set up the camera as new.