Before you begin setup
An existing wired mechanical doorbell is required to use Wyze Video Doorbell. The existing circuit must have a minimum voltage of 16V and power output of 10VA.
What’s in the box?
- 1x Phillips Screwdriver
To set up your Wyze Video Doorbell:
- In the Wyze app, tap Home, then tap + plus sign on the top left.
- Tap Add Device.
- Tap Cameras > Wyze Video Doorbell.
- Tap Next.
- Check the box to confirm that you have a screwdriver and an existing wired doorbell.
This is required to install your Wyze Video Doorbell.
- Open the Installation Guide in a new tab. Return to this article once installation is complete.
- Confirm that your doorbell is flashing yellow. Tap Next.
- No flashing yellow light? See: My doorbell is wired but not flashing yellow.
- Tap Ready to connect.
- If prompted by the Wyze app, allow access to your location.
- Scan the QR code by holding the code on the screen to the doorbell.
You may have to move farther away, closer, or shift it to get it to scan.
- When it scans, check "I heard QR code scanned" then tap Next. You'll hear "setup completed."
- Tap Next again, then confirm that your doorbell has a solid blue light. Tap Next.
- Mount the device by placing the doorbell onto the wall plate matching the holes on your doorbell. Tap Next when finished. You'll be prompted to set up your Wyze Chime.
To set up your Wyze Chime:
- Tap Add a Wyze Chime, then tap Next to continue.
Don't want / need to add a Wyze Chime right now? Tap Not Now.
- Plug your chime into a standard power outlet close to the doorbell.
- Press and hold the reset button on the bottom of the Wyze Chime until the blue light flashes quickly three times. Set up should complete automatically.
- Tap Finish. You're all set!