Installing your Wyze Video Doorbell is as simple as connecting it to power. As long as you have an existing mechanical doorbell, and it is compatible, installation should take about 30 minutes.
What’s in the box?
- 1x Phillips Screwdriver
To install your Wyze Video Doorbell:
- Using the Wyze app, complete steps 1-5 in the Wyze Video Doorbell Setup Guide.
Continue below, following along in the Wyze app to wire your doorbell.
- Turn off power to your current mechanical doorbell at your electrical panel.
- Related article: Which switch in the electrical panel controls my doorbell?
- Open the chime box and take a photo of the current configuration.
- Select your wiring configuration (how many wires) in the Wyze app.
- Bypass the current chime circuit.
- If you have 2 wires, follow the instructions to connect to the fuse wire.
- If you have 3 wires, follow the instructions to select the correct door, and connect the proper wires.
- If you have 4 or more wires, follow the instructions to find the proper wires to connect.
- This will involve some trial and error. If you are not comfortable testing your electrical panel, stop. Call your local electrician for help.
- Wiring configuration complete. Continue to step 5 to install your doorbell.
- Confirm that you have the components and tools needed. Tap Next in the app.
- Remove your current doorbell and disconnect the wires.
- Select your doorbell's positioning: Perpendicular or Parallel.
- Choose your preferred view.
- Wall plate: Flat against the wall.
- Wedge: Angled view.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the wall plate or wedge.
- Attach the extension wires included in the box to your new doorbell.
- Use your screwdriver to loosen the screws on the back of your doorbell.
- Attach the forked part of the first wire to the first screw.
- Do the same with the second wire and second screw.
- Tighten the screws again.
- Connect the wires from your new doorbell to the wires in the wall.
- Pair each end, twist them together, then cover and twist with the wire caps.
- Tap Show Me How to use the Wire Cap to see a tutorial.
- Your doorbell is wired!
- Return to your electrical panel and switch on the breaker to your doorbell.
- If wired correctly, Wyze Video Doorbell's status light will flash yellow.
- No flashing yellow light? See: My doorbell is wired but not flashing yellow.
- Slide and secure the doorbell to the wall plate or wedge.
- Hooray! Your shiny new doorbell is installed and ready to finish set up.
|Before Installing Wyze Video Doorbell||After Installing Wyze Video Doorbell|
Once your doorbell is installed, it's time to complete setup in the Wyze app. Return to the Wyze Video Doorbell Setup Guide here.