Wyze Plug Outdoor is waterproof, but there are a few steps you can take to make the most of it.
To optimize the outdoor plug's waterproofing:
- Plug the Wyze Plug Outdoor into an outlet with the sockets pointing downwards to the ground.
- This keeps water from running directly into the sockets.
- Make sure the sockets are at least 6 inches above the ground.
- This protects the plug from being submerged by heavy rain.
- Cover the socket(s) with the waterproof covers when not in use.
Important: Wyze Plug Outdoor should be plugged directly into your power outlet. We do not recommend connecting the outdoor plug to an extension cord as this could result in damage to your Wyze device and void your device's warranty.