Setting up your Wyze Bulb Color isn't working. The connection stage fails / times out, and you’re unable to finish setup.
Related article: Wyze Bulb Color Setup Guide.
Troubleshooting Steps for Setup Issues:
- Make sure you're on the latest version of the Wyze app here, then restart the app.
- Make sure your phone / tablet is connected to a 2.4 GHz WiFi network.
- Wyze Bulb Color will not work with a 5GHz WiFi network and must be connected to a 2.4 GHz WiFi network.
- Make sure you have Bluetooth enabled on your mobile device.
- Toggle Bluetooth off, then on again.
- Confirm that your bulb is not on a dimmer switch.
- The bulb requires a constant power source to stay connected during setup.
- Try moving the bulb to another socket, closer to your router.
- If you still can't set up your bulb, turn the socket on and off 3 times to factory reset it. The try setting it up again.
If you’re on iOS 13, please check to make sure the Location Services permission is allowed. Here’s how to do this:
Open the Settings app on your phone.
Go to Privacy > Location Services.
Find the Wyze app in the list, and make sure it says While Using or Always.