When setting up your Wyze Video Doorbell, you don't hear "QR code scanned" when holding the QR code in front of the doorbell's camera.
- If it's daytime, block bright lights and increase your screen's brightness.
- Sunlight might be shining on the doorbell lens. Block the light during set up, and turn up the screen brightness on your device before trying again.
- If it's night time and your environment is dark, lower your screen's brightness.
- The QR code might be over-exposed. Turn down your screen's brightness, then try again.
- If you have a small phone, try again on a larger screen.
- If you have an older phone, the screen may be so small that the QR code isn't clear.
- Reset the Wyze Video Doorbell while scanning.
- Press the RESET button on the back of the doorbell while scanning the QR code.
- Are you using a beta version of the Wyze app?
- There may be a floating arrow icon on the screen. Make sure it's not over the QR code and try again.
If Wyze Video Doorbell still does not scan the QR code, or says "QR code scanned," please submit a log from the Wyze app and share it with our support team.
To submit a log for Wyze Video Doorbell:
- In the Wyze app, tap on your Wyze Video Doorbell.
- Tap on the Settings gear.
- Tap Wyze Support > Submit a Log.
- Tap Setup.
- Add details to your log, then tap Submit.
- On the last screen, find your Log ID and save it.
- This is important. The Log ID comes in handy for our support team and engineers to locate your device's specific logs when troubleshooting.
- Contact our support team with your Log ID.