When attempting to pair the root Wyze Mesh Router to my phone via BluetoothⓇ during setup, I get a “pairing failed” message.
- Check that your Wyze app is up to date.
- Go to the Account tab > About.
- The app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- You can compare your app version to the most up-to-date version listed on our Release Notes and Firmware page.
- Make sure you have the following setup requirements:
- A modem or modem/router combination with an active broadband Internet connection with a LAN Ethernet port.
- A smartphone with BluetoothⓇ and mobile data enabled.
- Confirm the smartphone being used for setup is using a mobile data 4G/LTE or 5G connection during setup. This ensures the smartphone using the Wyze app doesn’t have a Wi-Fi network conflict.
- BluetoothⓇ permissions are enabled for the Wyze app.
- Verify that the smartphone using the Wyze app can access the Internet while configuring the Wyze Mesh Router.
- This can be done by going to a website, such as youtube.com, and attempting to play a video.
- Toggle BluetoothⓇ off and back on in the phone’s settings.
- Disable Wi-Fi in the phone’s settings. Then, proceed to the next steps.
- This will ensure that the smartphone is no longer connected to the old Wi-Fi connection.
- Note: We recommend replacing your entire setup with Wyze Mesh Router.
- Factory reset the root Wyze Mesh Router using the pinhole method.
- Note: If the root router is reset, all satellite routers will also need to be reset.
- Insert a paper clip or similar into the reset pinhole for 15 seconds. Wyze Mesh Router's status light will begin rapidly flashing orange to indicate the factory reset has begun and once the reset is complete, it will flash white to indicate that it has been reset and is ready for setup. Do not set up the router like new yet.
- Power cycle the root Wyze Mesh Router and the modem or the combination modem/router.
- Unplug the device for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then plug it back in.
- Set up Wyze Mesh Router like new.
- Re-enable Wi-Fi in the phone’s settings.
- Try to set up Wyze Mesh Router using a different smartphone.
- If pairing fails again, wait 10 seconds before pressing Retry Pairing.
- If it still fails, wait an additional 60 seconds before pressing Retry Pairing again.