One or more of my Wyze Mesh Routers is not emitting a Wi-Fi signal and/or is unable to connect to the Internet.
- Check that your Wyze app is up to date.
- Go to the Account tab > tap About.
- The app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- You can compare your app version to the most up-to-date version listed on ourRelease Notes and Firmware Page.
- Check that your Wyze Mesh Router’s firmware is up to date.
- You can check this by going to the Account tab > Firmware Update. If there is an update available for the router, please move forward with updating it.
- Check the status light on the Wyze Mesh Router.
- If the color is orange, power cycle the Wyze Mesh Router by unplugging the device for 30 seconds to one minute, then plugging it back in.
- Confirm that the modem is working by connecting a laptop or PC directly to one of the LAN ports of the modem and check if you can access the Internet.
- This can be done by going to a website such as youtube.com and attempting to play a video.
- If there is no internet connection, please reach out to your Internet service provider.
- Confirm the root Wyze Mesh Router is placed in an ideal location.
- We recommend placing the router in an open area, close to the center of the home, on a flat surface or countertop (not on the floor or between furniture), and away from large electronic devices such as TVs or speakers. Ensure the router is laying flat and not on its side or tilted to ensure the best coverage.
- Ensure all cables for the modem and root Wyze Mesh Router are correctly and securely connected.
- Move any devices experiencing issues closer to the root Wyze Mesh Router (within 10 feet).
- Power cycle the root Wyze Mesh Router.
- Unplug the device for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then plug it back in.
- Factory reset the root Wyze Mesh Router using the pinhole method.
- Note: If the root router is reset, all satellite routers will also need to be reset.
- Insert a paper clip or similar into the reset pinhole for 15 seconds. Wyze Mesh Router's status light will begin rapidly flashing orange to indicate the factory reset has begun and once the reset is complete, it will flash white to indicate that it has been reset and is ready for setup. Set up like new in the Wyze app.