When setting up your Wyze Cam Floodlight, the attached camera is unable to scan the QR code in the Wyze app.
Note: There is a 5-minute timeout for QR codes. If you have been attempting to scan the same QR code for over 5 minutes, you will need to start the setup process from the beginning to generate a new QR code.
- Make sure that your Wyze app is up to date.
- In your Wyze app, navigate to the Account tab > tap About.
- Your current app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- Compare your app version to the most up-to-date version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- If you find that your Wyze app is out of date, head over to your mobile device’s app store, and update the Wyze app.
- Adjust the phone screen’s brightness to maximum.
- Try to shade the phone screen and camera from sunlight and try to scan again.
- If unable to shade the devices, wait until the surrounding environment is darker such as later in the day.
- Use an alternate device with a bigger screen such as a tablet for setup.
- Unscrew the camera from the floodlight and bring it indoors for the setup process.
- Power cycle the floodlight and camera.
- Start by flipping the breaker to the off position.
- Wait 5-10 seconds, and then turn the breaker back to the on position.
- Factory reset your Wyze Cam v3.
- Remove any microSD card inserted into the camera.
- With the camera plugged into power, press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the camera for 10 seconds until the status light on the front of the camera turns solid red.
- Once the status light starts flashing red, set up the camera and floodlight as new.