Before you begin setup
An existing wired mechanical doorbell is required to use Wyze Video Doorbell v2. The existing circuit must have a minimum voltage of 16V-24V and power output of 10VA.
An existing in-house mechanical chime is also required, though it is not required to be functional.
What’s in the box?
- 1x Phillips Screwdriver
- Existing wired doorbell and chime
To set up your Wyze Video Doorbell v2:
- In the Wyze app, tap Home, then tap + plus sign on the top left.
- Tap Add Device > Cameras > Wyze Video Doorbell v2.
If you’ve already installed your new doorbell, tap Click here to skip the installation tutorial.
- If not, tap Next and walk through installing the chime controller and doorbell or check out our Wyze Video Doorbell v2 Installation Guide.
On the back of the doorbell, press and hold the SETUP button until it says “ready to connect” and the status light starts flashing orange.
- The doorbell may say “ready to connect” without pressing the SETUP button. If so, continue.
- In the app, tap I heard "ready to connect."
- If you haven’t already enabled Location Permissions for the Wyze app, you will see a screen prompting you to do so. Once enabled, tap OK.
- Select your 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network and enter your network password. Tap Next.
Scan the QR code displayed in the app with your doorbell.
- Hold your phone screen with the QR code displaying up to your doorbell. It will say “QR code scanned, please wait” then “setup completed”.
- In the app, check the box next to I heard, ‘QR code scanned’. Tap Next.
- You’re set up, it’s time to name your device. Name your Wyze Video Doorbell v2 using the text field, or by choosing a suggestion. Tap Finish when done.
- Choose between the Basic plan (no subscription) or Cam Plus. Tap Continue.
On the Things To Try page, you can tap Create or edit a device group, Share this device, or Skip.
- Once you complete a Thing to Try, it will turn green and have a check mark.
- If only 1/2 of the Things to Try are done, you can tap Skip and you'll get a pop-up saying "Are you sure you want to finish setup without completing your To Try list?" then you can tap Cancel or Finish.
- Verify that your doorbell’s status light is solid blue, then tap Next.
- Attach your doorbell to the wall plate. Place your doorbell onto the wall plate while aligning the holes on the back of the doorbell with the ridges on the plate. Then slide the doorbell downward to lock it into place. Tap Next.
- You’re all set! Tap Finish and enjoy your new Wyze device!