Installing your Wyze Video Doorbell v2 starts with connecting the chime controller to your existing chime. Then, simply connect your doorbell to power and mount it!
What’s in the box?
To install up your Wyze Video Doorbell v2:
Using the Wyze app, complete steps 1-2 in the Wyze Video Doorbell v2 Setup Guide.
Continue below, following along in the Wyze app to wire your chime controller.
- In the Wyze app, tap Home, then tap + plus sign on the top left.
- Tap Add Device > Cameras > Wyze Video Doorbell v2.
- Tap Next.
- Check the box next to "I have a screwdriver and existing wired doorbell." Tap Next.
- Verify that you have all of the items required for installation. Tap Next.
- Verify once more that you have the items required for this step, then tap Next.
- Press your existing doorbell button to check that it works as expected. Tap Next.
- Turn off power to your existing mechanical doorbell at your electrical panel.
- Press the doorbell button again to check that the power is turned off. Tap Next.
- Open your chime box and take a photo of your current wiring. Tap Next in the app.
- Select the option in the Wyze app that best matches your chime's wiring setup and follow along in the app to connect the wires to the correct terminals.
- Typically, homes with 1 doorbell have 2 wires, homes with 2 doorbells have 3 wires, etc.
Your Wyze Doorbell Chime Controller installation is complete! Close the chime box and prepare to install the doorbell. Tap Next.
- Verify that you have all of the items needed to install your doorbell, then tap Next.
- Gently remove your old doorbell and disconnect the wires. Tap Next.
- Specify where your doorbell is located in relation to your door. Tap Perpendicular or Parallel.
Use the in-app graphic to determine if your setup would work best with or without a wedge.
- If a flat/straight view would work best, select Wall Plate and tap Next.
- If an angled view would work best, select Wedge and tap Next.
Place the wall plate at your desired mounting location and mark the screw holes. Remove the wall plate then drill the screw holes and insert the wall anchors.
- Tip: We recommend installing 4.3 feet (1.2 meters) from the ground.
- Pass the wires from the wall through the middle of the wall plate. Then screw the wall plate to the wall.
- Use the screwdriver to loosen the screws on the back of your doorbell and attach the forked end of the extension wires to the screws. Then tighten the screws.
Pair the loose wire ends, cover them with the provided wire caps, and twist the caps to fasten them securely. Tap Next.
- Note: If you can’t use the extension wires due to space limitations, connect the wires from the wall directly to the screw terminals on the doorbell.
Press the doorbell against the wall plate and slide down to secure in place.
- To remove the doorbell, press the doorbell and slide it up before pulling away from the wall plate.
- Turn on the power to your new doorbell and wait for it to flash orange before continuing.
- Hooray! You’re ready to finish setting up your Wyze Video Doorbell v2.
Return to the Wyze Video Doorbell v2 Setup Guide to complete doorbell setup.
Note: Wyze Video Doorbell v2's back plate screw slots have a center distance of about 3 inches with ~0.5-inch tolerance based on the slot length.