Your Wyze Video Doorbell v2 is showing as offline in the Wyze app, loads slowly, or disconnects frequently.
- Confirm that your Wyze app is up to date.
- In your Wyze app, navigate to the Account tab > tap About.
- Your current app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- Compare your app version to the latest app version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- If you find that your Wyze app is out of date, head over to your mobile device’s app store, and update the Wyze app.
- If possible, check that your Wyze Video Doorbell v2’s firmware is up to date.
- You can check this by going to the Account tab > Firmware Update.
- If there is an update available for the doorbell, please move forward with updating it.
- Check that the doorbell is receiving power from the breaker to operate properly.
- The doorbell should be receiving 16-24V 10VA.
- Power off the doorbell by switching the breaker to the off position.
- Check all wiring to make sure it is secure.
- Make sure that Wyze Video Doorbell v2 and Wyze Doorbell Chime Controller are installed properly by following the steps in our Wyze Video Doorbell v2 Installation Guide.
- If you are ever unsure when dealing with wiring, we recommend reaching out to a licensed electrician at your discretion.
- Power on the doorbell by switching the breaker to the on position.
- Ensure that Wyze Video Doorbell v2 has a good signal strength.
- You can check this in the Wyze app by going to the doorbell’s settings > Device Info > Signal Strength.
- If it has 2 bars or less, try moving the router closer to the doorbell.
- Reboot the router.
- Power cycle Wyze Video Doorbell v2.
- Flip the breaker switch that is powering the doorbell to the off position, wait 10 full seconds, then flip the breaker switch back to the on position.
- Factory reset Wyze Video Doorbell v2.
- Remove any microSD card inserted into the doorbell.
- To remove the doorbell, press the doorbell in and slide it up before pulling away from the wall plate.
- With the doorbell powered on, press and hold the setup button on the back of the doorbell for 15 seconds until the status light turns solid orange, then release the setup button.
- Once the status light begins flashing orange, set up the doorbell like new.