Wyze Lock Gateway is the communication hub for your Wyze Lock, and is necessary for it to talk to your network. If you run into any trouble with the setup process outlined on this page, check out Gateway setup troubleshooting for tips to get it working.
To install your Gateway:
- Download the Wyze app.
- Open the Wyze app and sign in or create an account.
- Enable Bluetooth on your mobile device.
Note: Some Motorola devices require you to have GPS enabled for Bluetooth to function.
- Plug in the Wyze Lock Gateway to an outlet near where you’ll be installing the Wyze Lock.
- In the Wyze app, tap Home, then tap + plus sign on the top left.
- Tap Add Device.
- Tap Home > Wyze Lock Gateway.
- By default, your Gateway should be flashing Blue/Red. If it isn't, press and hold the Reset button on top until the light starts flashing Blue/Red.
- Confirm the Gateway you'd like to setup from the nearby available units.
- When prompted, select or manually enter your local 2.4GHz WiFi network name, then enter the network password.
- When the Gateway is successfully connected to your network, its light will turn Solid Green.
- Name the Gateway, and you're all set!
Once your Gateway is set up successfully, it's time to get your Wyze Lock installed.
Check out our Wyze Lock Installation Guide.