Installing your new Wyze Lock is meant to be as straightforward as possible. If you do run into any trouble with the process outlined on this page though, check out our Troubleshooting section for tips on getting things installed properly.
If you're unsure of whether Wyze Lock will work with your current deadbolt, we've got you covered with our Wyze Lock Compatibility Guide.
What’s in the box?
- 1x Wyze Lock
- 1x Mounting Plate
- 4x Lock Adapters
- 4x AA Batteries
- 1x Adhesive Strip
- 1x Philips Screwdriver
To install your Wyze Lock:
- Use the supplied adhesive strip to hold the outside of the lock in place
- Unlock your installed deadbolt
- Use your screwdriver to remove the screws from your existing deadbolt’s thumb-latch
- Also remove any additional back plates at this time if there are any
- Make sure not to over-tighten the screws, as this can damage the threading and make removal difficult in the future
- If the lock can't be turned at this point, remove it and rotate the thumb 90-degrees and try again
Once your lock is successfully installed, the next step is to move on to setting it up. Check out our Wyze Lock Setup Guide here.