Here are some steps to try if you’re having trouble connecting your camera:
- Ensure that you are clearly calling the camera by its correct name, as indicated in the Alexa app.
- Ensure that the camera is connected to WiFi by checking if you can turn on/off the camera in your Wyze app.
- If you can turn the camera on/ off but are not able to view a live stream view of the camera in your Wyze app see Connectivity troubleshooting here.
- If you have changed your Wyze account password, try re-enabling the Wyze skill in the Alexa app.
- Ensure that the camera is turned on. The camera needs to be turned on before giving a voice command to Alexa. To turn on the camera, open the Wyze app, click into the camera’s live stream, and tap the More icon to turn on.
- Ensure that your camera is connected to an Amazon device. You can check to see if your camera is connected to your Smart Home tab in the Alexa app or alexa.amazon.com. If not, please follow the set-up instructions above.
- For additional troubleshooting, see Alexa Quick Fixes or Alexa Help.
If you are having issues setting up a new Amazon Alexa device, please refer to Amazon Support.