You can now use Person Detection with your Alexa-enabled devices, and use it as part of a routine. If a Cam Plus license is assigned to your Wyze Cam, you can have Alexa say "person detected" or perform an action, like turn on a light or play a sound.
To enable Person Detection with Amazon Alexa:
- Open the Amazon Alexa app.
- Tap More on the bottom right, then Routines.
- Tap the + plus sign on the top right to create a New Routine.
- Tap Enter routine name to name the routine.
- Example: "Person detected on outdoor cam"
- Tap Next to continue.
- Tap When this happens to select what triggers the routine.
- Tap Smart Home.
- Tap on your preferred Wyze Cam.
- This Wyze Cam must have an active Cam Plus subscription to enable Person Detection.
- Tap Person.
- To confirm the action, tap Save.
- Tap Anytime to set a time frame when this routine is active.
- Under "Active Days" tap each day you want it active. The default is every day.
- Under "Active Between" tap the time of day the routine is active. The default is all day, or 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM.
- Under "Suppress For" tap Set Duration. This is the amount of time Alexa will wait before running the routine again.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Add action to choose the action you want Alexa to perform.
Here's is an example to have Alexa say "person detected":
- Tap Alexa says, then Customized.
- Enter "person detected" and tap Next.
- Tap Next again to confirm.
- Tap Choose Device to choose the Alexa-enabled device that will perform the action.
- Select the name of your preferred Alexa-enabled device
- Tap Save to save the routine.