Sharing lets other people access and use your Wyze Thermostat from the Wyze app. Have a family member or other close friend who wants to control the thermostat from afar? Share it in the Wyze app.
To share your Wyze Thermostat:
- In the Wyze app, tap on the Wyze Thermostat you want to share.
- Tap on the Settings icon on the top right to open your Device Settings.
- Tap Share, then Share with a new user.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to share your thermostat with.
- Or, select someone from your Recent Shares list.
- Tap Share.
What can a shared user do?
Shared users will be able to:
- View the Wyze Thermostat main screen.
- View the current temperature and moisture.
- Change the temperature
- Use the Controls panel to manage the State, Mode, and Fan.
- Turn on and off Notifications.
- Set Temperature Preferences for Home, Away, and Sleep.
- Turn on and off the Auto Switch feature.
- Set the thermostat Behavior.
- View Usage data by Week, Month, and Year.
- View the Device Info.
- Share Location data with first responders in the event of an emergency.
- Submit a log when troubleshooting Wyze Thermostat.
- Remove the device from their Wyze app.
- This will not remove the device from the primary user's Wyze app.
Shared users will not able to:
- Share a device shared with them.
- Rename a device shared with them.
Keep in mind
- There is no limit to the number of users you can share your Wyze devices with.
- There is no limit to he number of Wyze devices you can share.
- The sharing feature is set per device. To share multiple devices, you'll have to invite users to each manually.