Wyze Lock now allows you to control your Wyze Lock via Google Home. Lock, unlock, and check on its status hands-free.
Anyone speaking to a Google Home device will be able to unlock the Wyze Lock by voice, using the Google Home PIN* created in the Wyze Lock settings.
* This is a required confirmation PIN to safeguard against unintended locking or unlocking.
To set up Google Home for Wyze Lock:
Create a PIN
Creating a PIN for Google Home can be done at any time through Wyze Lock settings in the app.
To create a PIN:
In the Wyze app, tap on your Wyze Lock.
Tap the Settings gear.
Tap Third Party Integration > Reset PIN.
On the Google Home PIN screen, create a 4-digit PIN for Google Home authorization.
Your PIN will be saved to Google Home and will not be visible in the app after this point. You will always be able to reset the PIN (step 3) if you forget it.
Pair with Google Home
The next step to integrating your Wyze Lock with Google Home is to open the Google Home app and pair your device.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap the “+” icon in the top left corner of the home page.
- Tap Set up device > New devices > Search or scroll down to Wyze Home.
- Sign in to your Wyze account.
- The “Choose device” tab will appear, and your Wyze Lock icon and name will display. Tap your lock, and you are good to go!
If you do not see your Wyze Lock under “Choose device”, try these steps to troubleshoot:
- Make sure you have set the Google Home PIN in the Wyze app under the Wyze Lock settings.
- Delete the Google Home app.
- Reset your Google Home speaker.
- Set up the Google Home app and speaker again.
- Repeat the steps to Pair above.
If you still cannot set up the Google Home integration for Wyze Lock, please contact our support team so we can help.
- For every Wyze Lock you own, you must create a Google Home PIN in that lock’s settings. You can use the same PIN for them all, or set a unique PIN for each lock.