Your Wyze Video Doorbell v2 won't power on or doesn't have a status light.
- Check that both Wyze Doorbell Chime Controller and Wyze Vide Doorbell v2 are receiving power from the breaker to operate properly.
- Both the controller and doorbell should be receiving 16-24V 10VA.
- Turn off power to Wyze Video Doorbell v2 by switching the breaker to the off position.
- Check all wiring to make sure it is secure.
- Make sure that Wyze Video Doorbell v2 and Wyze Doorbell Chime Controller are installed properly by following the steps in our Wyze Video Doorbell v2 Installation Guide.
- If you are ever unsure when dealing with wiring, we recommend reaching out to a licensed electrician at your discretion.
- Power on the doorbell by switching the breaker to the on position.
- Check that the status light is visible and that you can hear “ready to connect” when pressing the setup button.
- The status light should be flashing orange.
- If there is a status light but no voice prompt, follow the steps in I don’t hear any voice prompts on my Wyze Video Doorbell v2.
- If the doorbell is not powered, install the original doorbell and press it to see if the chime box makes a sound.
- If the chime box does not make a sound, this means that either the chime box or the transformer is not working. You will need to reach out to a licensed electrician at your discretion for further troubleshooting with your chime box or transformer.