Your camera is not recording or is missing events.
Confirm your Wyze app is up to date.
- In your Wyze app, navigate to the Account tab > tap About.
- Your current app version will be listed beneath the Wyze logo.
- Compare your app version to the latest app version listed on our Release Notes & Firmware page.
- If you find that your Wyze app is out of date, head over to your mobile device’s app store and update the Wyze app.
Check that your camera’s firmware is up to date.
- You can check this by going to the Account tab > Firmware Update.
- If there is an update available for the camera, please move forward with updating it.
Verify that there is an active Cam Plus or Cam Protect subscription applied to the camera.
- You can check this by going to the Account tab > Services.
- Note: An active subscription is required to receive Event videos. Without a subscription, Events will show as thumbnail images.
Ensure the camera is set to record correctly.
- Navigate to the camera’s settings > Event Recording.
- Enable Record Motion Events and/or Record Sound Events.
Verify that the Detection Settings are set correctly.
- Navigate to the camera’s settings > Detection Settings.
- Adjust the motion/sound detection sensitivity slider bar(s) to High.
- Tap Detection Zone and toggle it off while testing.
Check if there are any filters enabled in the Events tab. If so, you'll want to disable them.
- Navigate to the Events tab.
- Tap on the funnel icon in the top right corner.
- Tap Clear All > Show results.
Verify that there are no Rules set up that could be causing interference.
- Navigate to the Home tab of the Wyze app, tap the pencil icon in the upper right-hand corner > Edit Rules.
- Note: We recommend deleting any Rules and then adding them back one by one while testing.
- Power cycle the camera by unplugging it from its power source for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in.
Restart your camera.
- This can be done in the camera’s settings > Restart Camera > Restart.
- Note: This option is not available for Wyze Cam Outdoor or Wyze Video Doorbells.
Factory reset your camera and set it up like a new device.
- Note: This option is not available for Wyze Cam Outdoor due to security reasons.