If Event Recordings aren't working as expected or the camera is missing Event Videos, there are a few settings to check and troubleshooting steps that can be taken to correct the behavior.
Event Recording Schedule
Check that you have turned off Event Recording Schedule. Follow the steps below:
- Using the Wyze App, navigate to the Home tab and select any Wyze Cam.
- Click the Settings icon on the top right
- Select the Event Recording tab
- Tap the Schedule tab
- Toggle “All Day” on
- All Day will instruct the camera to create Event Recordings at any time of day. If the “All Day” option is disabled, you can see the “Start Time” and “End Time” options.
- Below is the Schedule on the Event Recording tab, make sure to enable toggles for Detects motion and Detects sound.
Rules and Event Recording
The second step would be to check if you have any scheduled Rules enabled that might affect when Event Recordings take place.
- You can edit an existing Rule by tapping the [...] in the top right of the Home tab of the Wyze app.
- Then tap Add/Edit Rules. You can then select the Rules you want to edit from the list to check the Actions that are setup.
- For the Wyze Cam check to see if the Rule Turn off motion detection or Turn off the camera has been selected. If so, they could be stopping your Wyze Cam from recording events.
If a Wyze Cam or Wyze Cam Pan is missing events, you can try increasing the Sensitivity setting for Motion and Sound.
To change your Sensitivity settings, go to your Wyze app and pick the camera you would like to adjust. This will take you to the Live Stream of that Camera. Then tap the Settings icon on the top right. From here, pick the Detection Settings.
Disabling Detection Zones can also help resolve this issue. It's best to disable until you discover what is causing the missing Event Recordings.
- Tap the Settings > Detection Settings > Detection Zone.
- Toggle Detection Zone on/off.
Check Device's Alarm Settings
The other settings you can check are the Smart Sound Recognition settings. The settings can be found in the Home tab > Selected Device > Settings icon (top right) > Alarm Settings.
Enable Smoke alarm sound and CO alarm sound.
Still Having Difficulty?
If you have checked the device settings with the above steps but events are still missing, you can create a support ticket and we will work with you on resolving this issue.