If you are not receiving any Notifications there are a few settings to check and troubleshooting steps that can be taken to correct the behavior.
In the Wyze app select the Events tab found at the bottom of the screen.
Here you will see a list of Events. If events are not being generated follow the steps found in the Missing Events Troubleshooting article by clicking here.
If Events are being generated and you are not getting Notifications, follow the next troubleshooting steps.
The first step would be to check your Notification settings and make sure Notifications are globally enabled.
- Tap Account tab on the lower right.
- Tap the Notifications tab
- Enable the toggle next to the Notifications option to turn Notifications on/off.
This sets if any Notifications are being sent at all. If you are getting notifications, but not as many as you would expect, you can check the Notification settings per device.
- Navigate to the Account tab -> Notifications tab
- Click on the name of the Device.
- Enable the toggle next to the Send Notifications for a Wyze Cam and Allow Push Notifications for a Motion Sensor and/or a Contact Sensor.
- Underneath this setting, you have additional options for what will trigger a Notification. Select what triggers you would like from the list.
Checking the Notification settings will ensure that they are setup to be triggered as expected.
Rules and Event Recording
If you are still not getting Notifications you can check to see if there are any Rules that are affecting how Notifications work. Check your Rules with the following steps:
- From the Home tab of the Wyze app tap the [...] in the top right.
- Then tap Add/Edit Rules. You can then select the Rule you want to edit from the list to check the Actions that are set.
- Make sure the following Actions are not being used by Shortcuts, Schedules, or Device Triggers in such a way that they are affecting how you would like to get Notifications.
- All Devices - Mute Notifications
- Turn off notifications
- Turn off camera
Notification Settings on your Smartphone or Tablet
If you are still not receiving notifications, you can check the settings for your smartphone or tablet. Follow the steps below for your specific device.
iPhone App Settings
- Make sure that the app supports notifications. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and make sure that Allow Notifications is on.
- If you have notifications turned on for an app but you're not receiving alerts, you might not have Banners selected. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, then select Banners.
- Make sure that you’re signed in to your Apple ID.
- Make sure that Do Not Disturb is off.
- If you’ve recently installed an app or restored from a backup, open the app to start getting notifications.
Android App Settings
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications Notifications.
- Under "Recently sent," see apps that recently sent you notifications.
- You can turn off all notifications for a listed app.
- To pick specific categories of notifications, tap the app's name.
- To see more apps, tap See all from last 7 days. To sort by Most recent or Most frequent, tap them.
If you don't see "Recently sent," you're using an older Android version. Instead, tap App notifications and tap the app. You can turn notifications, notification dots, and notification categories on or off. If an app has categories, you can tap a category for more options.
Still Having Difficulty?
If you have checked that you don't have any settings or Rules stopping notifications, you can create a support ticket and we will work with you on resolving this issue.