Presents as:: I hear “QR Code is Incorrect” when trying to set up my Wyze cam.
- Make sure your phone/tablet being used for setup is connected to a 2.4GHz WiFi network.
- Wyze devices are not compatible with 5GHZ WiFi networks.
- Make sure you’ve removed the plastic film from the lens of the camera.
- Attempt a factory reset, and try setting up again.
- Remove the SD card if there is one inserted. Hold down the setup button until the status light turns solid yellow. Once the status light begins flashing yellow, you may attempt to set it up again.
- Try to set up your camera using a different phone or tablet.
Sidenote: QR Codes are only valid for 5 minutes after being generated. If you have been trying to scan the QR code for 5 minutes or more, you’ll need to restart the setup process.