Connecting your Wyze Bulb to your WiFi network isn’t working. The connection stage fails / times out, and you’re unable to finish setup.
Related article: Wyze Bulb Setup Guide.
Troubleshooting Steps for Setup Issues:
- Turn off your cellular data prior to setting up a Wyze Bulb.
- During setup, the Wyze app connects to your Wyze Bulb's own WiFi network, which doesn’t have internet access during the setup process. Some phones may try to reconnect cellular data instead of the Wyze Bulb's network. Learn more here.
- Make sure your phone / tablet is connected to a 2.4GHz WiFi network.
- Wyze Bulb will not work with a 5GHz WiFi network and must be connected to a 2.4GHz WiFi network. If your setup keeps timing out, try changing it to a different network if available to see if it will work.
- If you can’t find the network name you are expecting on the list, drag the screen with the list of WiFi networks down to refresh the WiFi list.
- Make sure you are entering the correct password for your 2.4GHz WiFi network. You can click on the eye icon to show the password and confirm there isn’t a typo.
- For some Android versions, you must accept the alert saying the network doesn’t have access to the Internet.
- Click on this notification and opt to stay connected to the bulb’s network.
- Dismissing or denying it will stop the setup process.
- If the setup continues to time out after this, forget the bulb’s WiFi in your phone’s settings before trying again.
If you’re on iOS 13, please check to make sure the Location Services permission is allowed. Here’s how to do this:
Open the Settings app on your phone.
Go to Privacy > Location Services.
Find the Wyze app in the list, and make sure it says While Using or Always.