You try to update your Wyze Bulb firmware, but it fails. You see an "Update failed" screen.
- If you're on the fail screen, return to the Home screen of the Wyze app.
- Turn off the bulb manually with the light switch, then turn it back on.
- Check the firmware version of the bulb in the Wyze app.
- Tap on your Wyze Bulb, then the Settings > Device Info > Firmware Version.
- If you still have the option to update, try again.
If the firmware update completes normally, you're all set! But if not, you'll have to delete the device and set it up again.
- Before performing this step, send in an app log and take note of the app log ID.
- In the Wyze app, tap on your Wyze Bulb
- Tap the settings icon > Wyze Support > Submit a log
- Choose Connectivity Issues
- Fill out the details and submit your app log. Write down the generated app log ID just in case you have to send it in to support.
- To delete your Wyze Bulb and set it up again:
From the firmware's "Update failed" screen, tap the back arrow < then Remove Device. Then return to the Home screen, and tap the + plus sign > Add Device > Power & Lighting > Wyze Bulb.
Once set up, your Wyze Bulb will have the latest firmware version.