Wyze Base Station is connected to your network, but fails setup.
First steps to try:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Wyze app here.
- If using a VPN on your network, please disable it for the duration of the setup process.
- Make sure you're interacting with the right Base Station if you have more than one.
- Verify the status light color to make sure the Base Station is set up and functional. It should be solid blue.
- Once the status light is solid blue, try the setup process again.
- If the status light never changes to solid blue, try another Ethernet cable if possible.
- If you have a mesh network and are wanting to use one of the access points, try setting the Base Station up on the primary router or modem for setup. After the Base Station is set up, it can be moved to one of the access points.
- Check that local permissions are enabled for the Wyze app. You can check this in your device’s settings.
- If you are using an iOS device, check that the Local Network permission in the device’s settings is also enabled for the Wyze app.
- You can get to by going to your iOS device’s Settings > Privacy > Local Network > Enable for Wyze app.
If the Base Station is still not discoverable, make sure:
- The base station has power.
- Your network has an internet connection and your device is connected to a 2.4 GHz network.
- Your mobile device is on the same network that the Base Station is trying to connect to.
Finally, try setting up with a QR code instead.
- Repeat the steps 1-6 on Wyze Base Station Setup Guide.
- On Step 7, tap Scan with QR code instead, then Scan QR code.
- Locate the QR code on the bottom of the Base Station.
- On the next screen, use your mobile device's camera to scan the code.
- QR code not working? Tap The QR code isn't scanning and manually enter the Base Station's MAC address.
- Tap Go to Wi-Fi selection, then select the network that looks like "Wyze_bind_xxx".
- No password is required to connect to this network.
- We suggest you turn off your mobile data (4G, 5G, or LTE) to optimize your connection to Wi-Fi.