Wyze Cam Outdoor v1/v2 is losing battery life faster than usual, and needs to be charged often.
- Make sure that the Wyze Cam Outdoor v1/v2 and Base Station’s firmware are both up to date.
- You can check this by going to the Account tab > Firmware Update.
- If there is an update available for the camera and/or Base Station, please move forward with the update.
- Check if you've added Cam Plus to that camera and move it to a different device if possible.
- Cam Plus removes the cooldown between videos, the Event Video length limit, and adds more smart detection features like person and vehicle detection.
- If you have multiple cameras, but the one with battery issues has Cam Plus, try moving your subscription to a different camera. Test your changes.
- Reposition your camera somewhere with less traffic.
- Place the camera in a low traffic area if Motion Detection is enabled.
- Review your outdoor camera's Events.
- An excessive amount of Event Videos could result in faster battery drain.
- Review your recording settings.
- Check the signal strength of the Wyze Cam Outdoor v1/v2, and reposition the Wyze Cam Outdoor v1/v2 or Base Station to make sure it’s at 3-bars for testing.
- You can check this by going to the camera’s Livestream > Settings > Device Info.
- Check your charging cables.
- Make sure that you are using the Wyze-supplied charging cable and Wyze Base Station to charge your camera.
- Test your charger.
- Wyze Cam Outdoor v1/v2 requires a minimum of 5v/2A to charge properly. If you have a known working adapter that meets this criteria, you can test with it to rule out issues with the cable.